A Conversation is one of the gameplay features in Tomodachi Collection and Tomodachi Life. Sometimes if a player is watching a Mii's apartment, two Miis can be seen talking to each other for a while. They will face each other and do various gestures as they talk, showing speech bubbles with elipses in them. Although it is hard to tell what they're talking about because of the whooping sound effect they use when they talk to each other, their gestures will indicate how they are talking (normal, happy, sad or angry), sometimes changing their facial expressions for half a second. If they show positive gestures, they could be happy with each other; if they show angry gestures, they could be having an argument. Their conversations could raise or lower their relationship level, depending if it's a good conversation or an argument. If they show neutral gestures, their relationship will not change.
There are four types of conversations: normal, happy, bad and argument.
- Normal: The Miis are talking normally, without showing emotions. Relationship stays same.
- Happy: The Miis are in a really good conversation, shown by them bobbing their heads and arms as they talk, showing happy expressions, and sometimes laughing. Miis could become best friends if a happy conversation lasts long enough. Relationship increases.
- Bad: One of the Miis shows a sad face and appears to be upset, appearing apologetic, leading the other Mii to calm them down. Relationship decreases.
- Argument: One of the Miis shows an angry face while the other Mii talks, leading it to throw a temper tantrum when it's their turn to speak. Miis could fight if an argument happens long enough. Relationship decreases.
If the Miis are not best friends and show happy faces and gestures long enough, they will become best friends. But if they show angry and sad faces long enough, complete with throwing temper tantrums, they will instantly fight, either normal or huge.
Sometimes, when sweethearts or spouses are in the same apartment, they will talk romantically, as shown by them sitting on the ground with hearts appearing, and both repeatedly showing happy expressions. When Miis talk this way, they will not argue or freak out.
Gestures the Miis make:
- Standing still and bobbing their head (Neutral)
- Leaning forward slightly, with arms out (Neutral)
- Laughing loudly (Positive)
- Folds arms to the side (Neutral)
- Angrily stomps their feet while pounding their fists (Angry)
- Hanging their head sadly (Sad)
- Waving their hand over their head in apology (Sad)
- If the Miis are arguing for a long time, shifting apartments or entering the current one being viewed will cause the fight to immediately start. This goes the same for them becoming best friends.