- "Completely ordinary clothes. It's better than being naked, at least."
- — Item Description, Tomodachi Life
Regular clothing is the first clothing every Mii gets when they move in to an apartment. The color is based off of their favorite color, as defined in the Mii Maker. It comes in 12 colors: red, orange, yellow, light green, green, blue, light blue, pink, purple, brown, white, and black.
If the player changes the Mii's favorite color, the clothing will change accordingly.
|Female light green|
|Female light blue|
|Male light green|
|Male light blue|
Baby clothes are special types of clothing in Tomodachi Life that are only worn by babies. The baby goes through six different clothing changes for each day as they grow up. The personality of the baby determines the clothing's main color.
|Personality||Male color||Female color|
- A newborn baby will wear a special outfit that is only seen during the moment they were born. It is a white bonnet and is wrapped in a light yellow blanket.
- After a baby's birth they will wear cuddling clothes (otherwise known as nursing clothes in EU regions). This is a light colored onesie with polka dots and a diaper.
- On day 2 of the baby's life the baby will learn to crawl, and will be outfitted in crawling clothes to match. This is a solid colored onesie a little darker than the last one, with a matching bib featuring a duck for yellow, a train for blue, a car for light green, a robin for red, a fish for medium azure, an orange for orange, some grapes for purple and a heart for pink.
- On day 3, the toddler will learn to stand up and will wear bouncing clothes. This is a white shirt and light colored training pants, with a matching bib.
- On day 4, the toddler will learn to walk and wear first-steps clothes. This is a darker colored shirt and red pants.
- On day 5, the small child will wear boys'/girls' toddling clothes. These clothes are unique and are the only ones that differ depending on the gender. Boys will wear a white t-shirt with colored stripes and orange shorts. Girls will wear a colored gingham dress.
- On the day the small child has grown up, they will wear a larger version of the boys'/girls' toddling clothes during the announcement. But upon choosing whether to move them into an apartment or travel the world, the Mii's clothes will change.
If the player chooses to have the Mii be a permanent resident, the Mii changes into either a hoodie and shorts if they're a boy, or a tunic and leggings if they're a girl. Like the baby clothes, the color of the grown up clothes depends on their personality.
|Personality||Male color||Female color|
If the player chooses to send the child off, they will change into a traveler's uniform. They will wear a long-sleeved buttoned shirt, boots, a green neckerchief, a pair of goggles, and has a backpack. The bottom of their uniform depends on their gender; if they're male, they will wear blue shorts, if they're female, they will wear a red skirt. The shirt, goggles, and backpack trim get gradually darker when their ranking goes up.
- Once a child grows up, the player will get a chance to change their personality. If they end up in a different category than before, the child's clothes color will change accordingly, including in the baby album. However, if the player lets the child stay, their default clothes won't change if the player edits their personality after this.
- If a child is grown up and the player lets them stay, and the player changes their appearance, the Mii's appearance in the baby album will not reflect the new change.
- When a child is born, their favorite color will always be red despite their clothing color based on its personality.
- Miis will never change back into their regular clothes after they get new ones; however, the player still can change them back.
|Tomodachi Life Items|
|Clothing (Masculine • Feminine • Unisex • Business and Uniforms • Costumes) • Hats • Food (Trash Food) • Interiors • Gifts/Goods • Level-Up Gifts • Treasures/Special Foods|