A family album is a feature exclusive to Tomodachi Life. After a married couple's baby grows up and either moves into an apartment or goes off to travel, the father gives the player an album showing pictures and clips of the family's happy times together, as the game's credits roll. Family albums are accessible through the Town Hall's child info.
Up to 50 albums can be kept at once. Once a new child has grown up, its album will replace the oldest album unlocked. The player can lock the albums it likes the best; but only 49 can be locked. It is also best to take pictures of the unlocked albums so they can be remembered.
After the last picture is displayed, the view fades to white as the child's giggle is heard. Then a home movie of the family at the park is shown. The child skips in place as the father (who is filming the movie) says "Hey, [Child]!" The child looks up and rushes off, the mother looking on in the background. The child peeks in from the side and as the father says "Come here!", the child giggles and hops away, before charging at the camera and doing a little dance. The father says "You're so funny!", which amuses the child as it hops off, before quickly returning and jumping at the screen as he says "Ha ha ha!". The child continues jumping until the view fades to white.
- In the home movie of both Japanese and European versions, the father will say "[Child]!", "You're too close!", "I said you're too close!", "Take a step back!" - in order.
- If either one or both of parents are deleted, regardless of which option the player has chosen during their grown-up event, the family album will be removed, even if it has been locked. The same thing will happen if the child becomes a permanent resident and the player deletes that child itself. However, this will not happen if the child's parents are divorced.
- In the Ferris wheel scene, if the mother is Outgoing or Confident she will talk to the child. If she is Easygoing or Independent, she just has a happy expression.
- In the album, the parents will be seen wearing a combination of clothes and hats the player gives them. Even after the child grows up, if the player give one of the parents new clothes or hats, they can possibly be seen in the album wearing them.
- In the album, the parents will not be seen wearing regular clothes unless the player has not yet given them anything else to wear.
- The picture with the cat will always appear, even if neither parent has been given the Rent-a-cat/Cat voucher.
- In the Korean version, the Father uses a different mask when scaring the baby.
- The child will always have on green pajamas in the picture with them laying in bed with their parents.
- The grass and trees will always be green in the pictures, despite what the actual season is.
- If the mother is short, she'll be standing on a stool in some scenes in the album.
- In the last picture, the mother always wears a bow blouse and the father always wears a suit.