Looking for the transcript page? Fight/Transcript
- "I had a fight with [Mii]. I'm so upset!"
- — Mii, Tomodachi Life (US)
- "I had a fight with [Mii]! I'm so mad!"
- — Mii, Tomodachi Life (EU)
Fights are a type of orange problem in Tomodachi Collection, and Tomodachi Life. Two Miis can be angry at each other and depending on how it goes, it may or may not break a friendship. Huge fights are exclusive to Tomodachi Life.
Start of the Fight
The system that determines fights is entirely random-based. Nothing the player does beforehand nor the Mii's relationship levels will determine when the two Miis will fight, nor can the player pre-determine if it's a standard or huge fight. Two Miis that are married have a higher chance of fighting against each other than with other Miis (unless they're looking after a baby).
Up to three fights will break out at random, depending on the island population. Fights cannot be prevented nor can the causes of the fight be tracked down under any circumstances. Outside of this, if the player sees two Miis arguing in Mii Apartments, they are more likely to start a fight if both Miis show angry reactions. It is at the point that either shifting to another apartment or entering the arguing Mii's apartment will instantly kick off the fight.
Dealing with the Fight
In an angry Mii's apartment, there will be small puffs of smoke coming out of his/her head. The player must calm him/her down, possibly using certain gifts, such as the bath set, the swing, or the music box, though giving them food, clothing or hats that generates a caption "(s)he really likes/liked it!" or higher.
Once the Mii is calm, that Mii will go to the apartment of his/her friend to attempt to apologize. If the friend accepts the apology, they will also apologize. If the friend rejects the apology, the previously calm Mii will become depressed.
After the Fight
In a depressed Mii's apartment the player can click on the Mii's thought bubble twice to see a flashback of the fight, depicting the two Miis throwing random treasures at each other while yelling insults. In Life, there might also be a scene of the two Miis tugging on a random item with angry expressions. A transcript for what the Miis can say can be found here.
In Life, there is a chance that the Mii who rejected his/her friend's apology may have a problem afterwards. If the friend's name is still on the Mii's relationship chart under "Friend (Fight)" for a long period of time, the Mii may say they are sick of fighting and want to make it right. If accepted, this will play a cutscene where the Mii visits his/her still sad friend. They apologize back, and the other Mii is no longer depressed, turning its head happily and saying, "Sure," followed by him/her jumping up and the two dancing together. Once they apologize back, the fight will become solved and the Miis will return to being friends. Strangely, there's a chance the two of them may fight again even after their apology is accepted.
If the fight fails to be resolved or the Mii does not want to apologize back, both Miis can be removed from their respective relationship charts, setting their relationships back to acquaintances, until they decide to become friends again. If this occurs to two dating/married Miis, this could lead to an immediate breakup request, unless either wants to make up.
A fight can resolve itself, but the two Miis will stop being friends.
- "[Mii] and I had a huge fight that wasn't my fault at all. I'm so mad!"
- — Mii in a huge fight, Tomodachi Life (US)
Huge fights are exclusive to Life. These fights involve two Miis who are really angry with each other, they will appear to have a fiery aura and heavy metal music will play in their respective apartments. Unlike a regular fight, the Mii is so mad that he/she refuses to apologize, and any attempt to calm him/her down will always fail.
The only way to stop a huge fight is to find a random friend of both Miis, who is willing to make up. If such friend exists, the request usually generates instantaneously with the actual problem. If the player accepts, a cut-scene will begin. In this cut-scene, the third Mii tries to intervene with the fight between his/her two friends. If they succeed, the two Miis will make up by waving at each other, then smile and dance while the friend Mii applauds happily as a happy tune plays. If they fail, the two Miis will continue to fight and instantly never become friends again and the third friend Mii frowns and ducks for cover, while shaking his/her head in sadness.
Oddly, Miis that have been in a standard fight long enough cannot enter a huge fight if the fight goes on long enough, and vice versa.
- Oddly, when a third Mii attempts to resolve a huge fight, the two Miis that would normally be represented with the flaming aura are instead shown with puffs of smoke, as if the Miis had a normal fight. This is possibly to make the Miis more noticeable, as the fiery auras obstruct their sides and back.
- The player can tell if the apology is going to be accepted or rejected by the two Miis' relationship. If one of them have a low enough status ("Getting Along OK" or lower), there's a chance he or she will be rejected, even if the other Mii has a high level. In the case of a huge fight, if either Mii has low status, there's a chance the fight will fail to be resolved.
- Miis will not fight with their best friend (if they happen to have one), parents, sibling(s), or spouse (if they are still caring for their child in Mii Homes).
- Usually, there's a pause after the Mii apologizes to his/her friend; at other times, the other Mii will immediately answer.
- It's possible for a fight to occur when a Mii is asleep.
- If the player witnesses a fight from outside an apartment and chooses to enter, the Miis won't stop what they're doing, turn at, and walk to one when the doorbell rings. It will take a longer time to enter the apartment.
- When a Mii wants to forgive after previously being rejected, the Mii that is making up will act Easygoing while the Mii that use to be in sadness will act Outgoing regardless of their actual personalities.
- If a Mii tries to resolve a huge fight but fails, the Mii will bend down on their knees as if he/she got rejected like in confession but will not gain sadness.
- It's possible for an angry Mii to leave his/her apartment (other than to throw junk at the other Mii's apartment and to go to their house if he/she is married.) A Mii in a fight can still interrupt a love confession. If the confessed Mii happens to choose the Mii in a fight and the player says "Love it!", the angry Mii and the confessed Mii will then be in the confessed Mii's apartment staring at each other lovingly and no smoke will come out of the angry Mii's apartment. After the player notices the 2 Miis love gazing, the angry Mii will have the puffs of smoke and leave the apartment. Unlike a fight, the angry Mii will wave back at his/her sweetheart.
- It is possible for the Mii who previously rejected the apology to want to apologize while the previously sad Mii is not sad anymore. When this happens, there will be a raincloud over the previously sad Mii in the cutscene, despite the Mii not being depressed anymore.