The Mii Maker (referred to as Mii Channel on the Wii) is a pre-installed application on the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS, plus a key feature of Tomodachi Collection and Tomodachi Life. This Mii Maker feature allows the ability for Miis to be created, and even added into the game. On both games, the Mii Maker can be accessed through the Town Hall.
While the pre-installed Mii Maker only allows the player to determine the looks of the Mii, the name, their favorite color, and their birth date.
Tomodachi Collection and Tomodachi Life have extended features. The player can now give their Miis different voices and personalities, which are divided into four categories, with each category consisting of 4 personality types.
- "Give this Mii a voice! You can select a preset or random setting or customize it yourself."
- — Tutorial, Tomodachi Life
Voice is an adjustable setting that determines a Mii's manner of speech. There are 6 preset voices: male child, female child, male adult, female adult, elderly male, and elderly female. Voice can also be randomized, and can be customized using the 6 different settings:
- Pitch: How high or low a Mii's voice is.
- Speed: How quickly a Mii talks.
- Quality: How clear/understandable a Mii's speech is.
- Tone: How high-pitched a Mii is when they start a sentence.
- Accent: How low-pitched a Mii is when they end a sentence.
- Intonation: The tone of voice a Mii has during a sentence. Option 1 is normal. Option 2 ends higher, like with a good attitude or as if asking a question. Option 3 is a explaining-like voice. Going high to low. Option 4 is normally the same throughout the whole sentence.