|Europe Name|| Mii News|
|Japanese Name|| Mii ニュース Mii News|
|Events|| Morning News|
|How to Unlock|
|Have at least 3 male and 3 female residents, and have at least 7 islanders in total|
- "Your source for the latest island news with reports at 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM daily!"
- — Building description, Tomodachi Life
Mii News is a building in Tomodachi Collection and Tomodachi Life, which gives humorous (and usually fake) news updates. When a new facility is opened or an event occurs, Mii News will automatically broadcast.
A random newscast will air at 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM. The player can see if a newscast is going on if the TV on the radio antenna is turned on, or if a special event has occurred, such as the opening of a new building. Upon viewing the news, a random Mii will appear as the anchorman or anchorwoman to report on the event. The event can include up to three other random Miis involved in some kind of conflict, such as a food item running away from them. After the report concludes, two other random Miis will speak their opinions on the event.
When the player has viewed more than one news story, a button will appear saying "Old News". This button gives access to news stories that have already been seen, but will delete newscasts after a certain amount has been viewed (10 in Collection). The player can keep specific stories with the "Lock" button, 9 in Collection and 49 in Life.
- List of Breaking Newscasts in Tomodachi Collection
- List of Random Newscasts in Tomodachi Collection
- List of Newcast Comments in Tomodachi Collection
- List of Breaking Newscasts in Tomodachi Life
- List of Random Newscasts in Tomodachi Life
- List of Newscast Comments in Tomodachi Life
- In Collection, if the player turns the power off without saving, then Mii News will talk about how the player powered off without saving their game. If the player does it again, then the news will say the player did it again. This doesn't happen in Tomodachi Life.
- In the Tomodachi Life newscast about a documentary about the island being filmed, additionally to clothes, the Miis' heights may be different as well in the picture.
- Sazae no Tsuboyaki, which is a food exclusive item to the Japanese version; makes a brief appearance in the '[Mii] Crab' news.
- The 'Mii Nearly Pickled' newscast in the North American version, the Miis at one point calls the pickle a 'gherkin' which is what the Europeans calls it.
- The Food Mart is the only shop that doesn't get a breaking news broadcast.
- The [Mii]'s Dating Course newscast uses the Japanese classroom.
- Images of the Miis used on the cover for Tomodachi Collection can be seen in the background on the "Mii Claw Game" newscast.
- The Breaking Newscast is the only one that doesn't feature the random Mii comments at the end.
- Trying to use Mii News with less than 3 male/females will show an error saying "You need 7 islanders (at least 3 male and female) to see Mii News".
- Erasing a Mii may result in every newscast they've appeared in getting deleted.
|Tomodachi Collection Island Locations|
|Mii Apartments • Food Mart • Town Hall • Fountain • Clothing Shop • Pawn Shop • Interior Shop • Mii News • Question Hall • Compatibility Tester • Job Diagnosis • Rankings Board|
|Tomodachi Life Island Locations|
|Amusement Park • Beach • Café • Campground • Clothing Shop • Compatibility Tester • Concert Hall • Food Mart • Fountain • Hats Shop • Import Wear • Interior Shop • Mii Apartments • Mii Homes • Mii News • Observation Tower • Park • Pawn Shop • Photo Studio • Plane/Nintendo 3DS Image Share • Port • Rankings Board • Town Hall|