The Mii will ask the player about their relationship to another Mii, which only includes: friends, best friend, sweetheart, and spouse. Every time at the end of what they said about their relationship, the Mii will say "But what do you think about me and [Mii]?"
The outcome will depend on which option is chosen.
- Option 1: Their relationship will go up by one (or sometimes two) status.
- Option 2: Their relationship will stay the same.
- Option 3: Their relationship will go down by one (or sometimes two) status.
Miis with a dark green status can still get a boost on their relationship normally, especially if the player says "Great match!", but the color will not increase any further. The same thing happens if the player selects "Not compatible" when a Mii is at the lowest (indigo) status, except that the status will not increase any worse.
Dark Green / Green (Highest)
- Best Friend: "I'm pretty sure [best friend] is my really close friend."
- Friend: "I think [friend] and I have become really good friends."
- Sweetheart: "I think my relationship with [sweetheart] is really special."
- Spouse: "I think [spouse] and I have grown very close."
|Great match!||I couldn't agree more!|
|Nothing special||Nothing special? That's not what I wanted to hear.|
|Not compatible||Oh... I see.|
- Best Friend: "I think [best friend] is a very good friend of mine."
- Friend: "I feel like [friend] and I are pretty good friends at this point."
- Sweetheart: "I feel like I have something pretty special with [sweetheart]."
- Spouse: "I think [spouse] and I are pretty close these days."
|Great match!||Ok, phew! That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.|
|Nothing special||I see. Well, whatever.|
|Not compatible||That's what you think? Too bad. I thought we were a really great match.|
- Best Friend: "I think [best friend] is a good friend of mine."
- Friend: "I think [friend] and I have gotten pretty friendly."
- Sweetheart: "I feel like I might have something special with [sweetheart]."
- Spouse: "I think [spouse] and I are a fairly close couple."
|Great match!||Is that so? Well, I hope we can even become closer!|
|Nothing special||I guess you have a point.|
|Not compatible||I see. That's mighty disappointing.|
- Best Friend: "[Best friend] and I don't get along so well."
- Friend: "[Friend] and I don't seem to get along as well as we could."
|Great match!||If that's the case, I'd better try harder.|
|Nothing special||Really? Maybe we can become closer somehow.|
|Not compatible||That must be the truth... because it sure hurts.|
- Best Friend: "[Best friend] and I don't seem to enjoy each other's company too much."
- Friend: "It seems like [friend] and I aren't really on the same page..."
|Great match!||Is that really what you think? I have to try a lot harder!|
|Nothing special||Yeah, I wish we had more in common.|
|Not compatible||Maybe you're right.|
For the sweetheart/spouse line changes to:
- "I'm worried about me and [sweetheart/spouse]"
- "I've been a little worried about me and [sweetheart/spouse]..."
- "I've been a little stressed out about me and [sweetheart/spouse]..."
- "My relationship with [sweetheart/spouse] seems to be on the rocks."
"Do you think [sweetheart/spouse] still likes me?"
|Absolutely!||Phew, what a relief! / That's a huge weight off my shoulders!|
|Probably...||I should try harder from now on. Starting RIGHT NOW.|
|Actually...||You must know something I don't know.|
"I don't really know much about this [unknown mii] character."
"What do you think about me and [unknown mii]?"
Note: This is the only relationship problem regardless of which option is chosen, the said mii will not appear on the asking Mii's relationship list.
|Great match||Is that so? Now I'm kinda curious...|
|Nothing special||Oh, I see. That's too bad.|
|Not compatible||Really? Well, that's a bummer.|