|Europe Name|| Town Hall|
|Korean Name|| Unknown|
|Japanese Name|| 市役所 Shiyakusho|
|How to Unlock|
The Town Hall is a location in Tomodachi Collection and Tomodachi Life. The town hall allows the player to make, import, modify, and delete Miis, view family albums and travel records, view an album of collected items, and edit various settings.
In the Town Hall, the player can do the following:
- Create new Miis or import Miis from Mii Maker.
- View a Mii's info, such as their name and birthday, edit the Mii's appearance, or delete the Mii.
- View travel records and family albums of Miis born on the island.
- View an album of all collected food, clothing, hats, interiors, goods, and treasures.
- Exchange items and Miis between systems using local wireless, or copy Miis on the island to Mii Maker.
- Scan and create QR codes to share Miis publicly.
- Edit the date and time, island name, and sound settings (such as the volume of background music).
- Enable or disable SpotPass, StreetPass, and baby births.
- Delete the game's save data and start anew.
- View the personality chart (Tomodachi Collection only). In Life, the chart can be viewed in the office in Mii Apartments.
- Transfer Miis from Tomodachi Collection (Japanese version only).
Time traveling is a popular term used to describe changing the time in-game at the town hall. It is commonly used to get limited-edition items and skip to certain holidays. Time traveling in Tomodachi Collection and Tomodachi Life can affect gameplay.
If the player time travels, the gameplay will be affected in some or all of the following ways:
- The player may be unable to collect donations from the fountain.
- Stores and markets, such as the Food Mart or the morning market, may have the same items for multiple days in a row.
- Seasonal items may no longer be available.
- The player may not get the birthday cutscene if the date is changed to directly before their birthday.
- While viewing a Mii's profile from the Mii List, pressing the A or B buttons will make the Mii say their greeting from when they first moved in. Pressing left or right on the control pad will make them say the phrases they've been given.
- Time traveling is considered cheating by some, so the aforementioned effects exist to prevent the player from abusing this feature. However, the gameplay will return to normal after a delay of up to five days.
- The player cannot block any Miis created on the system.
- The player's lookalike and Miis caring for a child cannot be erased from the Town Hall.
- The earliest date that can be set in the Town Hall or when starting the game is January 1, 2000, and the furthest date is December 31, 2050. However, the player can get to the year 2051 or later by letting time advance or by changing the time in the 3DS System Settings.
- The player cannot transfer items to a Tomodachi Life game from another region, but trading Miis is possible. However, any clothing or hats the Mii is wearing will be removed.
- The logo used for the Town Hall in the Japanese version of Tomodachi Life is a rock carving, while it is bricks in the North American and European versions.
|Tomodachi Collection Island Locations|
|Mii Apartments • Food Mart • Town Hall • Fountain • Clothing Shop • Pawn Shop • Interior Shop • Mii News • Question Hall • Compatibility Tester • Job Diagnosis • Rankings Board|
|Tomodachi Life Island Locations|
|Amusement Park • Beach • Café • Campground • Clothing Shop • Compatibility Tester • Concert Hall • Food Mart • Fountain • Hats Shop • Import Wear • Interior Shop • Mii Apartments • Mii Homes • Mii News • Observation Tower • Park • Pawn Shop • Photo Studio • Plane/Nintendo 3DS Image Share • Port • Rankings Board • Roof • Town Hall|