- "Create new islanders, check info... A lot of other important business goes on here."
- — Building description, Tomodachi Life
The Town Hall is used to:
- Make Miis and import Miis from Mii Maker, QR codes, or another Tomodachi Collection / Tomodachi Life player over local wireless connection
- Transfer items and Miis to another player through local play
- View, edit, and delete Miis
- Block Miis and the Mii creator
- View Personality Chart (Tomodachi Collection only)
- View travel records and family albums of Mii children
- View an album containing all obtained items
- Edit the date and time, island name, baby settings, sound settings, and StreetPass/SpotPass settings
- Delete the save data
- Move Miis over from Tomodachi Collection (Japan version only)
Time traveling is a popular term used to describe changing the time in-game at the town hall. It is commonly used to get limited edition items and skip to certain holidays. Time traveling in Tomodachi Collection and Tomodachi Life can affect gameplay.
- The player might be unable to collect donations from the fountain.
- Daily specials in stores and markets may have the same item daily.
- Seasonal items may disappear.
- The player may not get the birthday cutscene if the date is changed to directly before their birthday, at least if they have already received a birthday cake shortly before.
- While viewing a Mii's profile from the Mii List, pressing the A or B buttons will make the Mii say their greeting from when they first moved in. Pressing left or right on the control pad will make them say the phrases they've been given.
- Time traveling can be considered cheating, so the cool-down time for items and such to work is probably so the feature of changing the time isn't abused by the player. Five days after the time has been changed everything will return to normal.
- The player cannot block any Miis created on the system.
- The player's look alike and Miis caring for a child cannot be erased from the Town Hall.
- The earliest date that can be set in the Town Hall or when starting the game is January 1, 2000, and the furthest date is December 31, 2050. However, the player can get to the year 2051 or later by letting time advance or by changing the 3DS time.
- The player can't transfer items to a Tomodachi Life game from another region, but they can trade Miis and any clothes that the Miis are wearing will be removed.
|Tomodachi Collection Island Locations|
|Mii Apartments • Food Mart • Town Hall • Fountain • Clothing Shop • Pawn Shop • Interior Shop • Mii News • Question Hall • Compatibility Tester • Job Diagnosis • Rankings Board|
|Tomodachi Life Island Locations|
|Amusement Park • Beach • Café • Campground • Clothing Shop • Compatibility Tester • Concert Hall • Food Mart • Fountain • Hats Shop • Import Wear • Interior Shop • Mii Apartments • Mii Homes • Mii News • Observation Tower • Park • Pawn Shop • Photo Studio • Plane/Nintendo 3DS Image Share • Port • Rankings Board • Roof • Town Hall|