Trash food (also known as negative food) are a sub-category of foods that are unobtainable in the Food Mart. If any of these are fed to a Mii (which is the only way to rid them from the player's stock), the Mii will almost always have a negative reaction. The only exception to this is if a Mii in Tomodachi Life specifically says, "I need to eat something! ANYTHING!" or "I'm starving!" in which they will enjoy any trash food given to them.
Many, though not all Miis, will not have trash food as their worst or worst ever foods. As such, feeding a Mii trash food will not drop the Mii's happiness as much as their worst food, unless a trash food is a Mii's Worst Ever food. Very rarely will there be a Mii that will actually like trash food, but they can never be their all-time favorite food or their super all-time favorite food, with the most positive gesture possible being the "loved it" reaction.
List of trash food
- Ruined meal
- Mouldy Bread (EU)/Moldy bread (US)
- Banana Skin (EU)/Banana peel (US)
- Spoilt Milk (EU)/Spoiled milk (US)
Despite not being labeled in-game as trash food, there are some foods that have a high possibility of being disliked by Miis and could be considered pseudo-trash food, as the concept can come off as disturbing for a standard food, or for other reasons. However, these can end up as super all-time, and all-time favorites.
These foods include:
- Red chili pepper
- Blue cheese (sometimes)
- Chamomile tea
- Split Pea Soup
- Green juice
- Brussels Sprouts (sometimes)
- Raw Oyster
- Tomato Juice
- Yerba Maté
- Cooked Eggplant (US) / Cooked Aubergine (Europe)
- Chocolate (sometimes)
Getting trash food
Trash food can only be obtained through the following:
- Having a Mii sell them at the morning market or as a random prize at the night market.
- Giving a Mii a frying pan and have it randomly "make" trash food.
- Have it spawn from the "Hunger" "Ritual", or "True Love" dreams.
- Purchasing it at the Food Mart (Tomodachi Collection only)
- All trash food in the game costs $0.20.
|Tomodachi Life Items|
|Clothing (Masculine • Feminine • Unisex • Business and Uniforms • Costumes) • Hats • Food (Trash Food) • Interiors • Gifts/Goods • Level-Up Gifts • Treasures/Special Foods|